Hello, neighbors! It’s me, Andrew Tessler, your host for the Huntington Daily. Here’s all the community news you need to know right now, including…
- New Thai restaurant in Woodbury receiving rave reviews from customers.
- Local job postings.
- Animals available for adoption at local shelters.
But first, today’s weather:
A bit of sun ; afternoon windy High: 72 Low: 54.
Here are the top four stories in Huntington today:
- A new Thai restaurant is making waves in Woodbury. UThai Bistro opened at 8285 Jericho Turnpike this summer to rave reviews from customers. “New Thai restaurant with a nice, cozy and clean vibe,” Phunchita L., from Manhattan, said in a Yelp review. “We ate Dumplings, Drunken Noodles and Duck Chuchee. Taste and portions were great. Waiters are very friendly. Good new Thai place in town. Recommend!” Let us know if you tried it! (Daily Voice)
- Animals available for adoption at local shelters. Check out these adorable animals for adoption at Huntington area shelters. Meet Burr, Hamilton and more this week. If you see a potential pet that catches your eye, click on their photo to learn more about them and consider adopting them today. (Huntington patch)
- Find out who is hiring this week in the Huntington area. In our weekly collaboration with ZipRecruiter, you can view all of the companies hiring locally in and around Huntington. If you see a position that interests you, click on it for more information and apply! (Huntington patch)
- Cecilia Kye of Huntington High School is a National Merit Semifinalist. Recognition goes to students who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and potential for success in rigorous college studies. Less than 1% of students in the country receive this distinction. Learn more about the National Merit Program in the link! (Huntington patch)
Today in Huntington:
- Top Legal Strategies During and After Divorce – Vesta’s Long Island, NY Hub. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Huntington Union Free School District: Check out photos from the citywide food drive on Sunday. The The Blue Devil football team shone when collected from Stop & Shop and really came together as a team during the ride. Click on the link for the photos. (Huntington Union Free School District via Facebook)
- Huntington Manor Fire Department Fan Page: “To our families, friends and neighbors who celebrate L’ Shanah Tovah!” (Huntington Manor Fire Department fan page via Facebook)
- Outstretched Hand Rescue Mission: The Rescue Mission has many upcoming opportunities to help families in the community. Click on the link for the schedule and see if you are able to help! (Rescue mission of the outstretched hand via Facebook)
- South Huntington Public Library: Check everything happening at the library this week in their newsletter. If you haven’t already registered, you can do so on their website. (South Huntington Public Library via Facebook)
- Huntington Public Library: “Booker Prize Winner Hilary Mantel died on Friday, September 23. His acclaimed trilogy centered on Thomas Cromwell – Wolf Hall, Bring Up the Bodies and The Mirror & the Light is available at the library. (Huntington Public Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday. I will see you soon!
— Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! My name is Andrew and I have been a resident of Huntington for 7 years. I’ve lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, travel, stand-up paddleboarding and of course going to restaurants and events in Huntington!
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? Contact me at [email protected]