Happy Thursday Avon! Let all of you catch up to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Fog in the morning; partly sunny. High: 74 Low: 54.
Here are today’s best stories in Avon:
- Connecticut Schools Participate in International Walk to School Day (WTNH.com)
- The Avon Public Library Program with Robert G. Goodby, author of “A Deep Presence: 13,000 Years of Native American History” (Hartford Courant)
- Sale of used books from Friends of the Avon Library (City of Avon website)
- Picture Perfect Colonial now available in Avon (Avon Patch)
- Upcoming Red Cross Blood Drive in Avon area (Avon patch)
today Avon Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Avon Free Public Library: “Are you a reader? Are you an artist? Then you won’t want to miss the opportunity to get a free graphic novel and learn how a graphic novel is made! The book ? ‘Bad Sister’ featuring author, Charise Mericle Harper, and illustra … “(Facebook)
- Avon / Canton Chamber of Commerce: Join the Avon Dollars for Scholars member for their fundraiser on Wednesday, October 27, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. You will need to show a copy of the flyer, available on their Facebook page, OR use code JTQV8NH if ordering online. ” (Facebook)
- Avon Free Public Library: “A Deep Presence: 13,000 Years of Native American History: Virtual Author Talk with Robert Goodby Wednesday, October 20 at 7:00 pm (via Zoom) Join us for a virtual presentation and book talk with Robert Goodby. We are offering two copies. ..” (Facebook)
- Avon Free Public Library: “DID YOU KNOW: Book sale is happening! The Friends of the Avon Library are holding their used book sale in our community hall on the weekend of October 22-24. This sale will only feature fiction books and non-fiction for adults. Want more info. .. “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all caught up for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you resent these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Richard kaufman
About me: I’m a local patch editor for Connecticut, covering Greenwich and Stamford. I love discovering what makes a community tick and sharing hard-hitting and meaningful stories with the community.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Avon Daily? Contact me at [email protected]