This summer, the park will host seven festivals, including three new food festivals – Portugal, Ireland and the Caribbean
Canada’s Wonderland opens this month and today released the full lineup of exciting returning events and entertainment for the 2022 season. The park opens to the public on April 30 and this summer it will feature seven festivals, including three new food festivals – Portugal, Ireland and the Caribbean – as well as the return of the long weekend fireworks. Seasons of fun continue throughout fall and winter with Camp Spooky, Halloween Haunt, and WinterFest.
“We are really excited to be able to once again offer our guests a full season of fun,” said Norm Pirtovshek, General Manager. “With over 200 attractions in the park, we are known for our thrills, but the return of our summer events really enriches the park experience, offering something for visitors of all ages in the spring, summer, fall and in winter.”
The 2022 event lineup includes:
- Fireworks (May 22, July 1, July 31, September 4) – Witness a spectacular fireworks display of explosive light and color above the park’s skyline, choreographed to an animated soundtrack.
- Splash Works Opening (May 28) – Come back for some poolside fun at the 20-acre water park, featuring 17 slides, cliff jumps, water play areas, the lazy river and more!
- Brew & BBQ (June 24-26) – The annual BBQ festival returns with upbeat live music, dozens of craft beers and ciders, and a mouth-watering summer menu featuring ribs, gourmet burgers and chicken barbecue.
- Celebration Canada (July 1-17) – It’s Canada’s biggest birthday party! Join us for upbeat music, street performances, and learn about the awesome skills and antics of West Coast lumberjacks. Then, indulge in Canadian favorites like slider beef burgers, poutine, mac and cheese and more.
- KidZfest (July 23-August 7) - This party is perfect for families and kids with special appearances, dance parties with the PEANUTS gang, interactive games, activities, shows and more.
- NEW! Taste of Portugal (August 13-14) – Enter a festival celebrating the worn charm of Portugal, with lively street entertainment and traditional dishes including succulent roast chicken and sweet, rich and perfectly crispy Portuguese custard tarts .
- NEW! Taste of Ireland (August 20-21) – The flavors and vibrant culture of the Emerald Isle arrive in Canada’s wonderland with lively Celtic music and dancers and hearty Irish fare including Guinness pork chops BBQ, Irish Pot Pie and sweet desserts like Guinness Chocolate Cake and Butterscotch Apple Cake.
- NEW! Taste of the Caribbean (August 27-28) – Enjoy island flavors, from jerk chicken to seafood specialties, rum cake and coconut candies, and fruity summer drinks while the sounds of steel drum music fill the air.
- Oktoberfest (September 10-11, 17-18) – Over two weekends, guests will be treated to German-themed food, drink specials and traditional live bands in the castle courtyard at Medieval Faire. Enjoy classic sausages, schnitzels, Bavarian pretzels and a large mug of refreshing lager.
- Camp Spooky (weekends September 24-October 30) – This family-friendly Halloween event returns with trick-or-treating, costume parades, live performances with the PEANUTS gang, interactive games, rides and Moreover !
All of the events mentioned above are included with admission to the park.
Halloween Haunt returns this fall on select nights September 23 through October 30 with hundreds of monsters, spooky areas, mazes, and terrifying shows. Then, the park transforms into a world of holiday magic for WinterFest, which runs select nights from November 18 through December 31.
In addition to these events, Canada’s Wonderland will also feature world-class live entertainment throughout the summer, including Tundra: A Cirque Experience, a new diving stunt show called “Fall Out”, the Victoria Falls High Divers , Woofjocks and performances with Snoopy and the PEANUT gang.
Guests can get unlimited access to all four seasons of fun with a Gold Pass, which is on sale now for seven easy payments of $15.71. For more information on events, hours of operation, or park safety protocols, visit www.canadaswonderland.com