New Delhi | Jagran Press Office: It’s been a while since Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan was released on bail after he was arrested in connection with the cruise drug case after the Narcotics Control Bureau held a rave party on board of Cordellia Cruise off the coast of Mumbai. Since then, several developments have taken place, including the transfer of the probe to Delhi NCB.
The case came to the fore again yesterday after a media report said the SIT investigating the drugs case said there was no evidence to link Aryan Khan to a conspiracy drug international. Additionally, there was no evidence to prove that Khan was part of an international drug syndicate, the report said.
However, contrary to the report’s claims, Sanjay Singh, NCB DDG and the SIT chief investigating the cruise drug case, said the allegations were very premature and the NCB team is still investigating the matter. Singh said the SIT has taken several statements and will be doing more as the investigation progresses.
“It is very premature to say that there is no evidence against Aryan Khan. The investigation is still ongoing. We have registered several statements and we will register more in the coming days. We have not yet drawn conclusion in cruise drug case,” NCB DDG and SIT chief said as quoted by ANI news agency.
The SIT chief’s statement came after IANS news agency, citing NCB sources, said there was no evidence to link Aryan Khan, son of actor Shah Rukh Khan, to an international drug conspiracy. The report further states that there were some irregularities in the raid on the Cordelia Yacht bound for Goa last year.
An NCB team led by Sameer Wankhede, then Mumbai zone chief, had carried out a raid on the Cordelia Cruise yacht where a drug party was allegedly underway on the night of October 2-3. Aryan Khan and a few others have been arrested by the squad accused of drug conspiracy and drug use. Khan was placed under arrest by the NCB team on October 3.
After questioning, he was taken into custody. His first bail was rejected by the trial court. Later, Khan, through his lawyer, approached the Bombay High Court who granted him bail on October 28. Due to legal proceedings, he was released from prison on October 30. So far, the NCB has arrested 20 people, including two Nigerian nationals in connection with the case. The BCN SIT will file an indictment in this case and is currently seeking legal advice.